OVEN COOKED BROWN RICE WITH MIXED VEGGIES
JOJO'S OVEN BAKED BROWN RICE WITH MIXED VEGGIES
1) 1 ½ cup of medium long grain brown rice or wild rice.
- 1) 1 tablespoon of extra- virgin olive oil or unsalted butter
- 2) 1 tablespoon of JoJo’s all-purpose seasoning
- 3) 3 cups of hot water
- 4) 2 cups of mixed veggies (carrots, peas, green beans & corn)
1. Heat the oven to 375°F:
2. Pour the rice into the baking dish. Pour in the olive oil or unsalted butter, add JoJo’s all-purpose seasoning and mixed veggies. Stir well
3. Stir hot water into rice mixture.
4. Cover with foil. Make sure the foil forms a tight seal around the pan.
5. Carefully transfer the dish to the oven and bake for about 25 min.
6. Remove the foil and fluff the rice with a fork.
Serve the rice right away with lemon pepper chicken tenders.
8.Leftovers can be kept for up to 5 days, or frozen for up to 3 months.